Friday 17 July 2015

Abstract Printed Trousers

I'll be honest, I really wasn't sure about the whole printed, slightly loose 'n' baggy trouser hype that landed this season. I assumed they'd swamp my more petite figure, making me look even shorter than normal, and I totally was just not feeling brave enough for a full length of bottom boldness. However, as the weeks passed and I spied more and more people unconditionally pulling them off, my temptation to at least try on a pair began to grow. When I spotted this pair in Primark for a mere £7, I just could not resist. And that is the moment I realised my first judgements on these kinda beautiful trousers were completely and utterly, absolutely, wrong.

  

I opted for this monochromatic pair, being not quite courageous enough for the business of full colour, allowing the abstract print to take centre stage. I have a love for all things abstract and I love the fun and quirky factor of this loud print.


I decided to team these trousers with my crochet aztec tee. The thinking behind this being that, despite the clashing of the two prints, the all-white shade caused the aztec print to appear a whole lot more subtly as it blended with the white of the trousers, resulting in not so much of a battle for attention between the prints of the trousers and the tee - the trousers obviously being the victor.


 So, all in all, I could not be happier with these printed trousers, They're so uber comfortable and their light feel permits them a perfect summer staple when there's still that lingering cool breeze in the air. Also, a big thumbs up to the pet cat and rabbit who could not help but have a little nose whilst we took these photos!


Trousers - Primark
Aztec Crochet Tee - New Look (old)
Sandals - New Look (old)


Have you bought a pair of printed trousers yet?

2 comments:

  1. These printed trousers are lovely and really suit you!! They don't make you look short at all, so don't worry... I was worried about the same thing before I brought mine:) I think it's so good to push yourself (fashion wise) as you become so much more confident in yourself!

    http://geraldineswonderfulworld.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I totally agree with you! At first I'd never post outfit posts, but I'm slowly gaining the confidence now :) x

      Delete